fonte 1: Darlacooks
Recipe: Meyer lemon muffins
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 18 muffins
Note: Ceylon cinnamon (also called “true” cinnamon) has citrus overtones and a delicate, complex flavor. It’s available in specialty stores. You may substitute one-eighth teaspoon ground cinnamon.
2 cups flour
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 Meyer lemons, divided
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, the baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Cut two lemons into 1-inch pieces. Put them in a blender and pulse until the lemon is finely chopped. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the milk, butter and chopped lemon. Stir.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the lemon mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
4. Spoon the batter into well-buttered cups of muffin pans, filling each half full.
5. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle about one-fourth teaspoon over each muffin. Cut the remaining lemon into 9 paper-thin slices; cut each slice in half. Top each muffin with half a slice of lemon.
6. Bake about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Run a small spatula or knife around each of the muffins to loosen, remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Each muffin: 160 calories; 3 grams protein; 24 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 6 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 38 mg. cholesterol; 214 mg. sodium.